The Command Course is an eight (8) week, residential course for deputy
superintendents and superintendents, and other law enforcement
personnel functioning at similar levels. This course has a regional focus and
is offered to counterpart English speaking forces/services across CARICOM.
The Command Course is organized around the following five (5) modules:
- Module 1. Personal Effectiveness for Managers
- Module 2. Leadership and Change Management
- Module 3. The National Security Environment and Strategies in
- Crime Management
- Module 4. Divisional Command
- Module 5 Managing Operations, Major Events and Critical Incidents.
- Enhanced awareness of and skills necessary to function as
- effective law enforcement commanders
- Sharpened ability to apply leadership and management theory to analyzing and generating solutions to organizational, community and regional security challenges
- Improved planning and strategic management skills to support the achievement of organizational objectives
- Broadened scope of knowledge about and application of crime management strategies and techniques, especially in relation to transnational organized crime
- Demonstrate greater capability in the management of operations, planned events and critical incidents.